Stats: (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG)
1. Erik Karlsson – his shots per game are down this year, but I don’t think any of the other guys have done quite enough yet to dethrone him from the number 1 spot.
2. P.K. Subban – Only 1 goal so far this year but he does have 15 assists.
3. John Klingberg – Is looking great this year playing on the PP with Benn and Seguin. The new contract he signed looks like a steal.
4. Dustin Byfuglien – Only 9 points in 18 games so far this year, but more will come, and you know you’re getting the PIMs and SOGs with him.
5. Brent Burns – no defenseman is even close to his 4.18 shots per game, but his -5 rating is a bit troubling.
6. Kevin Shattenkirk – Missed some time with injury and only has 2 points in 7 games so far this year, but his numbers last year were so good he needs to be high up on the list. It may be a good time to target him in a trade.
7. Shea Weber – He’s been elite for a while. You know what you’re getting with Weber.
8. Kris Letang – His numbers aren’t great so far this year, and that -11 looks terrible, but the Penguins and Letang will pick it up.
9. Victor Hedman – After a strong start he only has 3 points in his last 11. Like Letang though his team has been struggling but that should change soon.
10. Roman Josi – Another steal of a contract, he quietly just keeps getting better and better.
11. Duncan Keith – 1 assist and +2 in each of his first 2 games back from injury. We know what he can do.
12. Andrei Markov – Has had a great start to the season, but he doesn’t get enough shots to be elite.
13. Oliver Ekman-Larsson – Would be ranked much higher if he was on pretty much any other team.
14. John Carlson – Looking like a legit #1 dman this year.
15. Mark Giordano – Calgary seems to be spreading out their top guys more evenly this year, which does not bode well for Giordano as he is currently playing on the 2nd pp unit.
16. Torey Krug – Has quietly produced very well over the past couple years.
17. Justin Faulk – We love everything about Justin Faulk except for his +/-.
18. Drew Doughty – One of those guys who is a much better real life player than fantasy.
19. Ryan Suter – A bit surprising that his career high in points is only 46, but he has 14 in 16 games so far this year.
20. Dion Phaneuf – Does a bit of everything and even has a positive +/- rating so far this year.
21. Johnny Boychuk – Has been great ever since joining the Islanders last year.
22. Keith Yandle – The main offensive threat from the backend in New York.
23. Ryan McDonagh – Solid. Won’t put up a ton of points, but the +/- rating should be great.
24. Alex Pietrangelo – His lack of production while Shattenkirk was out is a bit concerning.
25. Tyson Barrie – The top offensive dman on a dangerous offensive team, but his +/-, PIM, and SOG totals are and will be relatively low.
Others Receiving consideration: Edler, Muzzin, Seabrook, Brodie, Vatanen, Green, Erik Johnson.